Papa Kāinga Foster Care Support
Papa Kāinga Foster Care Support provides a welcoming support service to Foster families with their child’s education and developmental needs.
Professional support includes access to a range of resources for both the child and carers and a monthly visit from a qualified Early Childhood Teacher. This service is available to non-custodial caregivers of children from birth right up to school age. There is no cost for those eligible for Papa Kāinga Foster Care Support.
- An educational resource allowance paid per week per child to the foster families
- A monthly visit by a qualified Early Childhood Teacher
- A professional report to support the child’s education and developmental requirements
- A learning journal for each child which includes reports, photos, artwork etc
- Free art resources including paints, paper, glue that is regularly replenished
- Free access to a range of nursery equipment including cots, highchairs and pushchairs
- Free regular playgroups/Kimi Haere
- Free membership to a toy library
- Professional development of Foster carers including free First Aid certificate.
For more information:
P: 0800 250 052 extn: 3
M: 027 412 2035
Whakatane, Rotorua, Hamilton, Taupo
P: 027 655 6559